If you’re planning to spend the Bank Holiday in your caravan now is the time to start checking that the caravan is fully prepared and you have packed everything you need.
Make sure you’re prepared with our checklist:-
If you are opening up a static caravan for the season or taking your tourer out for the first time this year it is quite likely that you will have a lot of extra items to load into the van but once in place they can stay in the van for the season.
1. Bed linen, duvets or sleeping bags
2. Pillows and pillow cases
3. Towels -kitchen hand towels, bath towels, swimming/beach towels, tea towels
4. Games for indoors and outdoors
5. A small selection of toys, puzzles and books
7. BBQ (disposable type are great for touring vans)
8. First aid kit -Disinfectant, pain killers for adults and Calpol for the kids, insect bite repellent, antiseptic cream, plasters, antihistamine cream or tablets.
9. Kitchen basics - Washing up liquid, dishcloth or brush, multi-purpose cleaner, kitchen paper towel, aluminium foil and cling film
10. Bathroom kit- Shower gel and sponges, shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste and tooth brushes
11. Laundry kit –Detergent, fabric conditioner , washing line and pegs
12. Food basics – tea, coffee, salt, pepper, sugar, sauces, jars of jam/marmalade, cereals, and some tin food like baked beans and tuna.
Once the caravan is set up for the season packing for a break away in the van becomes a lot easier -the extra items include
1. Perishable foods – bread, butter, milk, cheese, bacon, prepared meals
2. Outdoor clothes- Waterproof coats, fleeces boots, wellies, trainers, beach shoes.
3. Clothes – swimming costumes, underwear, PJ’s plus a selection of clothes to accommodate warm and cooler weather
4. Phone chargers
6. Insurance papers for the van and the car
7. TV, DVD’s and Electronic games
8. CD player and CD’s
Expensive electrical items should always be removed from the van when not in use.
If you are hiring a van most companies provide bed linen and some provide towels too, so check if you need to pack these items. Plus some electrical items are included as well.
If you require further help or advice contact Amber Leisure on 01255821190